Acteos MDM (SOTI MobiControl)
: how can growing mobile teams be effectively managed, supported, secured and localised across different network topologies ?
This is a question that anyone working with mobile devices in their company has to confront. Acteos has the solution: Acteos MDM (SOTI MobiControl) is the device management solution for the new generation – lightning-fast across every network.
The solution offers all functions that a modern device management needs. Security, software delivery, remote control, monitoring and positioning can be configured via a single interface.
What does the MobiControl mobile device management system offer ?
- Future-proof : guarantees the integrity and safety of the IT infrastructure, including for mobile users
- Comprehensive security : encryption, anti-virus protection and malicious software, data security within mobile applications
- Cost reduction reduction in costs through low service expenditures, e.g. helpdesk, troubleshooting and no more need for devices to be recalled
- Increase in productivity through higher availability of devices
- Better transparency through pro-active asset management, e.g. reduction of replacement units, tracking of lost /stolen devices
=> Faster ROI through automated systems for deployment, training and support
Acteos MDM (SOTI MobiControl) – Remote Management of Mobile Terminals
The management solution centralises the administration of mobile end devices. The remote maintenance and troubleshooting takes place from one location. The cost- and time-consuming recall of the devices is thus no longer necessary. MobiControl consists of a mobile application, a server application with a management console and a database. It supports all current mobile devices from leading manufacturers and is distributed as a licence.
- all functionalities in one product
- reduces commissioning, integration and operating costs
- immediate “return on investment”
- minimises your support expenditures
- blocks devices automatically
- tracks routes
- configured “over-the-air” via SMS
- facilitates the rule-based loading of software updates, patches and fixes
MobiControl consists of four components :
- Manager, management console(s)
- Deployment server
- MS SQL database
- Device agent in every mobile device
Supported Systems :
All devices with Microsoft operating systems
Windows CE | Pocket PC | Windows Mobile | Smartphone
Windows 2000/XP | XP Embedded | Windows Vista | Windows 7
- Hardware / software inventory
- Provision of software and data
- Data synchronisation
Helpdesk & Support
- Remote control
- Remote maintenance and troubleshooting
- Automatic diagnostic tools
- User/ hardware authentification
- Data encryption – process run control
- Kiosk mode operation
- Data recording / Route tracking
- Locating vehicles, mobile employees and devices in real-time
New features in V8
MobiControl Web Interface
Access MobiControl anywhere with the new web interface. Stay connected with your mobile field-force with Device Status, Helpdesk Tools, Messaging, Location Services, Reporting and Security functionality.
Provision devices in seconds by scanning a barcode. Powered by MobiScan.
MobiScan is a new device software component that facilitates the quick and easy provisioning of a device right out of the box by simply scanning a barcode. In MobiControl V8, the ability to generate barcodes for initial device configuration is offered directly from the Device Agent Manager.
MobiControl now features improved authentication that can be used independently or in combination with Active Directory, and allows for the specification of usernames and passwords to restrict access. Designed for those who don’t have AD, use Standalone Authentication to facilitate password-protected access.
Service & Support
If you require support for MobiControl, please click on the corresponding link on the right in the “Download” menu. After you have completed the form, a member of the Acteos service team will contact you as soon as possible.
Free Test Version
To receive a free test version of MobiControl, please click on the corresponding link on the right in the "Download" menu. After you have completed the form, you can download MobiControl. We will then send you a 30-day test registration via e-mail. All features are fully operable for the 30-day test period. The test version can be used for the evaluation and/or upgrade of an existing installation.